CORPUS CHRISTI – Mohammad A. Emran, MD, board-certified general and pediatric surgeon at Driscoll Children’s Hospital, recently authored a book to help his patients and their families in their everyday battle against obesity. In “Fast-Track Your Health,” Dr. Emran offers advice and insight to those who’ve had unsuccessful weight-loss attempts or are looking for the knowledge that can lead them to success.
“Obesity is one of the biggest healthcare problems in this country, and it affects every system in the body,” Dr. Emran said. “There are a lot of myths and bad influences out there that are working against people trying to live healthier lives. My book focuses on what causes obesity and offers strategies so people can succeed.”
Dr. Emran’s book, to be released in November, details his personal experiences with patients and with his own family to illustrate the techniques for effective weight loss.
- Identifying the common factors shared by people who have succeeded in losing weight.
- Avoiding the common difficulties that can prevent weight loss.
- Discovering why it’s best not to focus on any specific diet or type of exercise.
- Organizing their process of weight loss and weight maintenance.
- Maintaining hope despite the problems they might have previously experienced.
Dr. Emran is the director of Driscoll Children’s Hospital’s Adolescent Weight Management Program. He is also the founder of the not-for-profit SpringCure Foundation (www.springcurefoundation.com), which is committed to eliminating childhood obesity and improving childhood nutrition and fitness. Dr. Emran has years of experience addressing the challenges of excess weight and the common failure of weight-loss efforts, and he has helped many patients by teaching them the essential factors that lead to lasting success.