Medical specialties and board certifications:
American Board of Pediatrics (Pediatric Cardiology)
American Board of Pediatrics (General Pediatrics)
Maintenance of Certification, American Board of Pediatrics (General Pediatrics)
Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans Course on Research Ethics (TCPS 2: CORE)
Education Council for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) Certification
Medical school name/location:
B. J. Medical College (Gujarat University), Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Endocrinology – Reproductive Physiology, University of Wisconsin-Madison, WI, USA
Department of Cardiology, Boston Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA.
The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Hosinec Family Fellowship in Cardiovascular Sciences Award, Toronto, ON, Canada: June 2015 – June 2016.
Heart Centre Innovation Fund Award, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON Canada: June 2015.
Green Academic Scholar, Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University: Jun 2008 – Jun 2011.
American Foundation for Aging Research Fellowship Award: October 2006.
Merit certificate and scholarship from National Scholarship Scheme, India, 1998.
1. Birca A, Vakorin VA, Porayette P, Madathil S, Chau V, Seed M, Doesburg SM, Blaser S, Nita DA, Sharma R, Duerden EG, Hickey EJ, Miller SP, Hahn CD (June 2015) Interplay of brain structure and function in neonatal congenital heart disease. Annals of Clinical and Translational Neurology, 2016 Aug 14;3(9):708-22 (PMID 27648460)
2. Porayette P, Sun L, Jaeggi E, Grosse-Wortmann L, Yoo SJ, Hickey E, Miller S, Macgowan C; Seed M (2015) MRI reveals hemodynamic changes with acute maternal hyperoxygenation in human fetuses with and without congenital heart disease. Prenatal Diagnosis 2016 Mar;36(3):274-81 (PMID 26701792)
3. Sun L, Macgowan CK, Sled JG, Yoo SJ, Manlhiot C, Porayette P, Grosse-Wortmann L, Jaeggi E, McCrindle BW, Kingdom J, Hickey E, Miller S, Seed M (2015) Reduced fetal cerebral oxygen consumption is associated with smaller brain size in fetuses with congenital heart disease. Circulation. 2015 Apr 14;131(15):1313-23 (PMID 25762062)
4. Pluchinotta FR, Porayette P, Zaidi AH, Baci J, Teot L, Sanders SP, Prabhu SP (2014) Postmortem imaging in congenital heart disease: Preliminary experience. Acta Radiologica. 2014 Nov 12. pii: 0284185114555047. (PMID: 25392155)
5. Porayette P, van Amerom JF, Yoo SJ, Jaeggi E, Macgowan CK, Seed M (2014) MRI shows limited mixing between systemic and pulmonary circulations in foetal transposition of the great arteries: a potential cause of in utero pulmonary vascular disease. Cardiology in the Young. 2014 Jun 16:1-8. (PMID: 24932863)
6. Porayette P, Fruitman D, Lauzon JL, Le Goff C, Cormier-Daire V, Sanders SP, Pinto-Rojas A, Perez-Atayde AR (2014) Novel mutations in geleophysic dysplasia type 1. Pediatric and Developmental Pathology. 2014 May-Jun;17(3):209-16. (PMID 24251637)
7. Porayette P, Mekkaoui C, Jackowski MP, Kostis WJ, Dai G, Sanders SP, Sosnovik DE (2013) Diffusion MRI tractography of the developing human fetal heart. PLoS One. 2013 Aug 26;8 (8): e72795. (PMID: 23991152)
8. Pluchinotta FR, Porayette P, Myers PO, Chen P, Feins E, Teot L, Prabhu SP, Sanders SP (2013) Postmortem imaging of antemortem myocardial ischemia. European Radiology. 2013 Aug 2. (PMID: 23907642)
9. DeBrunner MG, Porayette P, Breinholt III JP, Turrentine MW, Cordes TM (2009) Midterm survival of infants requiring postoperative extracorporeal membrane oxygenation after Norwood palliation. Pediatric Cardiology. 2013 Mar; 34(3):570-5. (PMID: 23007923)
10. Porayette P, Gallego MJ, Kaltcheva MM, Bowen RL, Vadakkadath Meethal S, Atwood CS (2010) The pregnancy hormones human chorionic gonadotropin and progesterone induce human embryonic stem cell proliferation and differentiation into neuroectodermal rosettes. Stem Cell Research & Therapy 1(5):28 (PMID: 20836886)
11. Porayette P, Gallego MJ, Kaltcheva MM, Bowen RL, Vadakkadath Meethal S, Atwood CS (2009) Differential processing of amyloid-beta precursor protein directs human embryonic stem cell proliferation and differentiation into neuronal precursor cells. Journal of Biological Chemistry 284(35):23806-17 (PMID: 19542221)
12. Gallego MJ, Porayette P, Kaltcheva MM, Vadakkadath Meethal S, Atwood CS (2009) Opioid and progesterone signaling is obligatory for early human embryogenesis. Stem Cells and Development 18(5):737-40 (PMID: 18803462)
13. Porayette P, Gallego MJ, Kaltcheva MM, Vadakkadath Meethal S, Atwood CS (2007) Amyloid-β precursor protein expression and modulation in human embryonic stem cells: A novel role for human chorionic gonadotropin. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 364(3):522-7 (PMID: 17959150)
1. Baraona F, Valente AM, Porayette P, Pluchinotta FR, Sanders SP (2012) Coronary arteries in childhood heart disease: Implications for management of young adults. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Cardiology. 2012 Jun 15; (Suppl 8). doi:pii: 006 (PMID: 24294539)
2. Romfh A, Valente AM, Pluchinotta FR, Porayette P, Sanders SP (2012) Congenital heart defects in adults: A field guide for adult cardiologists. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Cardiology. 2012 Jun 15;(Suppl 8). pii: 007(PMID: 24294540)
1. Vadakkadath Meethal S, Porayette P, Wilson AC, Basson J, Liu T, Atwood CS (2008). Functional consequences of gonadotropin signaling in the brain during development, adulthood and senescence. In Anand Kumar, C.V. Rao, P.K. Chaturvedi, Ashutosh Halder, Nafis Rahman (Ed.), Gonadal and Nongonadal Actions of Gonadotropins (pp. 249-274, Chapter 23). New Delhi, India. Narosa Publishing House Pvt. Ltd.
1. Porayette P, Sun L, Jaeggi E, Grosse-Wortmann L, Yoo SJ, Hickey E, Miller S, Macgowan C; Seed M (2015) MRI reveals hemodynamic changes with acute maternal hyperoxygenation in human fetuses with and without congenital heart disease. Prenatal Diagnosis March 2016: Volume 36, Issue 3.