CORPUS CHRISTI – Patients at Driscoll Children’s Hospital want to bring the Christmas spirit to other children and they are doing so through their creativity and artwork. A joint effort between patients attending Driscoll Children’s Hospital’s classroom and volunteer Barbara Blackburn, the 2015 Christmas Book, called “Angel Business” was written and illustrated as part of the classroom’s curriculum.
Marie Soza, Corpus Christi Independent School District (CCISD) teacher with the CCISD Hospital Program, says the story has a special significance to the children and to the hospital.
“We collaborated about this theme and felt it would be special,” she said. “We felt that this book would honor our special Driscoll Children’s Hospital angels who have left a mark on our hearts.”
The young authors and artists held a book signing Nov. 4 at Driscoll Children’s Hospital.
The book, which follows the story of two angels trying to earn their wings, is on sale for $5 at the hospital’s Carousel Gift Shop.
Angel Business was created by:
- Paris, age 6, Three Rivers, Texas
- Crista, age 9, Karnes City, Texas
- Samantha, age 12, Brownsville, Texas
- José, age 10, Laredo, Texas
- Atalie, age 7, Corpus Christi, Texas
- Raegan, age 8, Premont, Texas
- Alex, age 12, Corpus Christi, Texas
- Lydia, age 13, Brownsville, Texas
- Camryn, age 14, Premont, Texas