WHAT: For almost 15 years, the Clowns Who Care have been part of the Auxiliary to Driscoll Children’s Hospital, clowning around and bringing smiles to patients, parents and staff. Tomorrow, the group will introduce seven new clowns to the community. The Clowns Who Care, including Corpus Christi City councilwomen Chris Adler and Nelda Martinez and more than 30 other women, visit Driscoll Children’s Hospital twice a week. Their tireless and compassionate efforts for the children of South Texas are well-known; they have logged more than 14,000 volunteer hours between them.
New members are:
- Kyle Cromwell, supporting partner of three oilfield businesses – Cry Baby
- Kelly Koch Gilmore, attorney – Awesome Blossum
- Debbi Kelley, stay-at-home mom & substitute teacher – Cha Cha Loca
- Janice Roberts, banker – Oopsy Daisy
- Cindy Segrest, small-jewelry business-owner – Cowgirl Pearl
- Jennifer Susser, gemologist – Strawberry Shorty Cake
- Stephanie Waterman, Farmers Insurance agent – Mz Glitzy
WHEN: 11 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 16
WHERE: KIII-TV, 5002 S. Padre Island Dr.