Halloween is right around the corner, and your child is probably excited for a fun night of trick-or-treating. We have a few tips to make sure your family’s night is enjoyable and safe.
- Start early, end early.
- Carry a flashlight or light stick.
- Stay in your own neighborhood.
- Stop only at well-lit houses.
- Do not go inside a stranger’s home, no matter what anyone says.
- Always keep a safe distance between you and moving cars.
- Do not go between parked cars or criss-cross back and forth across streets or into traffic.
- Use sidewalks facing traffic.
- Stop, look and listen at corners.
- Walk, don’t run.
- Be respectful of other people and their property.
- Have an adult check the treats before eating.