Find a Physician
Find by name
Karl Leon Francis Serrao, M.D.
Pediatric Critical Care
- Associate Professor of Anesthesiology, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston.
- Intensivist, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Driscoll Children’s Hospital.
- ECMO Medical Director
- Medical School: University of the West Indies, Kingston, Jamaica, West Indies.
- Internship: Port-of-Spain General Hospital, Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies (Rotational).
- Residency: Driscoll Children’s Hospital, Corpus Christi, TX (Pediatrics).
- Fellowship: Emory University/ Children’s Healthcare
of Atlanta at Egleston, Atlanta, GA
(Pediatric Critical Care).
- Memberships: American Academy of Pediatrics, Society of Critical Care Medicine, American College of Physician Executives
- Board Certification: Pediatrics, Pediatric Critical Care
- Cardiac Intensive Care
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy
- Medical Ethics
- Organ Donation
- Child Abuse
- Outcomes Analysis and Performance Improvement
Click here to view a partial list of Dr. Serrao’s publications through the National Library of Medicine's PubMed online database
Office Postal Address
Karl Leon Francis Serrao, MD, FAAP
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care
Driscoll Children’s Hospital
3533 S. Alameda St.
Corpus Christi, Texas 78411
Office Phone: (361) 694-5445
Office Fax: (361) 694-5449
Find by keyword(heart, kidney, cancer, etc.)
Find by specialty
- Allergy Immunology
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Child Abuse Pediatrics
- Dentistry, Oral Maxillofacial
- Developmental/Behavioral Pediatric and Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Infectious Disease
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Pediatric Critical Care
- Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Pediatric Rheumatology
- Pediatric Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Sports Medicine