Pediatric SurgeryFor further information, please e-mail Dedie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rotation Title: General Surgery
Faculty: Mohammad Emran
Location: Driscoll Children's Hospital - McIver Furman Building - 3rd Floor
Duration: 4 weeks
Number of Students: One
When Offered: All Year
Prerequisite(s): 4th Year Status
Goals-The faculty will strive to:
- Provide exposure to common pediatric surgical problems/ anomalies
- Become familiar with pre-intra and post-operative care of infants and children.
- Provide opportunity to understand how surgical therapy affects the pediatric patient.
Objectives-At the end of the rotation, the student will be able to:
- Recognize physical exam/history consistent with common surgical emergencies.
- Understand post-operative cause of certain surgical problems.
- Recognize common elective surgical problems requiring pediatric surgery - consultations and interventions
- Pediatric surgical clinic/office hours.
- Attending Rounds on surgical floor
- Weekly "interesting case" presentation
- Patient responsibility - 4th year student will carry approximately three patients and function as an Acting Intern.
- Pediatric Surgery Library
- Pediatric Surgery Wards/Office/Clinics
- Driscoll Children's Hospital Medical Library.
- Texas A&M University Corpus Christi Library
- Clinical evaluation form (100%) to be completed by the physician preceptor with whom the student has worked.
- Course and Faculty evaluation required upon completion of rotation.
- Daily supervision and feedback based on day's activities.
For Medical Student Program information please email: Dedie Rosales, Medical Student Coordinator at Dedie.email@example.com
For TTY Deaf Messaging Connect to TTY Interpretation by dialing