NeurologyFor consultation, appointments and assistance call (361) 694-6747.
Description of Services:
Comprehensive evaluation and management of infants, children and adolescents with disorder affecting the nervous system and muscles, including:
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Neonatal neurological disorders
- School and learning problems
- Neurometabolic and genetic diseases
- Sleep disorders
An inpatient video-EEG brain study facility is available for assessment of infants, children and adolescents with epilepsy or episodic disorders of behavior.
EEG Services and Neurological Studies
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Auditory Brainstem Response (BAER) (ABR)
- Seizure monitoring studies
- Nerve conductive studies (NCS)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Somatosensory Evoked Potentials
Seizure monitoring, nerve conducting studies and EMG require a neurological consult, and a physician's order is required for all studies. To schedule outpatient appointments, parents may schedule with the physician's order or the physician's office may call for the appointment.