It is the mission of the Family Advisory Board (FAB) to promote the role of the family as an integral part of the healthcare team. By providing families’ perspectives, we help facilitate the movement toward true family-centered care at Driscoll Children’s Hospital.
We believe providing a support center that connects families, the healthcare team and the community will enhance the health and well-being of our children.
The Family Advisory Board provides essential leadership to advance the understanding of the patient and family experience and to assist the hospital in the delivery of family-centered care. By promoting collaborative empowering relationships between staff and families, the board serves as a resource for administrators, program planners, educators and family members.
Who’s on the board?
- Parents/family members who have been primary caregivers to a child who is or has been cared for at Driscoll Children’s Hospital
- Hospital staff that includes representatives from Social Work, Pastoral Services, Child Life, Patient Relations and Administration
- Have had a child who received services at Driscoll Children’s Hospital
- Support the mission of the hospital
- Share honest opinions about possible service enhancements and make suggestions for improvements
- Participate in board activities
How do I join?
Contact our Social Work office at (361) 694-5053.
When are meetings held?
The Family Advisory Board meets at least quarterly. FAB business is also shared via e-mail for those who cannot attend meetings but would still like to participate, and through committee meetings.
Can I still share my feedback with the Family Advisory Board without joining?
Yes. Some families are only available on a short-term basis, yet still have much to offer. Their services might be utilized on a hospital unit committee or for a particular project. Parents with children experiencing long hospitalizations often have valuable feedback to offer the hospital.
For more information or assistance, call Social Work at (361) 694-5053 or email email@example.com.
Driscoll Children’s Hospital
3533 S. Alameda Street
Corpus Christi, Texas 78411
Phone: (361) 694-6334
Fax: (361) 694-5665
For TTY Deaf Messaging Connect to TTY Interpretation by dialing (800) 735-2989