Patient Financial Services makes it easy to pay your bills. If you have a question about a bill you received or would like to make a payment, you may call the number below or stop by our office during normal business hours.
Patient Financial Services office is located inside the main entrance of the hospital.
Billing & Financial Information
Charity Medical Care
Driscoll Children's Hospital provides services on a nondiscriminatory basis and, to the extent that its resources permit, strives to serve patients regardless of their ability to pay.
As part of its commitment to service our community, Driscoll Children's Hospital has elected to provide financial assistance to qualified families of South Texas who are United States citizens. Our Financial Counselors are available to explore this option 694-5111.
Financial Assistance Programs
Financial Counselors can help you explore other financial assistance programs that may be available to you and your family such as CHIPs, Medicaid, CSHCN, Disability, Chronically Ill and Disabled Children, etc. Call 694-4919 or 694-4758.
In an effort to provide faster service, the Texas Department of Health has provided a Medicaid Specialist here on site that can help you with the application process and answer questions you may have about the Medicaid program. Call 694-4913.
The hospital will bill your insurance carrier on your behalf. We will need a copy of your insurance card in order to provide this service to you. Your insurance is only obligated to pay for charges covered under your benefit plan. You are responsible to pay for services not covered by your insurance.
It is important that you understand your health insurance benefits and any requirements, such as pre-authorization and covered services. This will help you minimize your out-of-pocket expenses. Please contact your insurance plan representative or employer for specific information.
* For parents with newborns, it is important that you contact your employer to complete insurance enrollment forms for your child within thirty (30) days of the baby's birth to ensure payment from your insurance company. Unless you have completed enrollment within thirty (30) days, your child's coverage will end thereafter, and you will be responsible for payment.
Your hospital bill will include charges for professional services such as room charges, medications, labs, procedures, therapies, and other healthcare professionals involved in your child's care. Charges for your doctor's services will not be included on your hospital bill. The doctor's billing service will send a separate bill for services provided while your child is hospitalized. If you have certain tests or treatments in the hospital, you may receive bills from physicians you did not see in person. These bills are for professional services provided by doctors who assisted in diagnosing and interpreting test results while you were a patient. Pathologists, Radiologists, Cardiologists, Anesthesiologists, and other specialists perform these services and are required to submit separate bills.
Financial Counselors are available M-F, 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. If you have any questions, please call 694-5111.
Out-Patient Clinic Services
Driscoll Children's Hospital has several outpatient clinics available to our patients. If you need to speak with someone in the clinic, please call the appropriate number below.
- Primary Care Services (361) 694-6750
- Behavioral/Developmental Clinic (361) 694-5650
- Hematology/Oncology Clinic (361) 694-5311
- Specialty Clinic (361) 694-5434
- Cardiology Clinic (361) 694-5086
- Cardiothoracic Associates (361) 694-5150
- Children's Surgical Services (361) 694-4700
- Diabetes/Endocrinology Clinic (361) 694-4986
- Outpatient Ortho Clinic (361) 694-5057
- Outpatient Neuro Clinic (361) 694-6747
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Clinic (361) 694-4380
- Driscoll Children's Specialty Clinic - McAllen 800-525-TOTS
- Driscoll Children's Specialty Clinic - Brownsville 800-525-TOTS
- Driscoll Children's Specialty Clinic - Harlingen 800-525-TOTS
- Driscoll Children's Specialty Clinic - Victoria 800-525-TOTS
- Driscoll Children's Specialty Clinic - Laredo 800-525-TOTS
For more information about each of the clinics above, please call the phone number next to the appropriate clinic name.