Driscoll staff, students and clinicians may request any journal article or book. If it is not available online from the library homepage please email the librarian or call (361) 694-4523. If you are not affiliated with Driscoll, you may contact us or use Loansome Doc. Please provide citation information for faster service. Interlibrary loan service is free.
- Journal articles available locally usually are delivered by email within hours. Articles that must be obtained from other libraries usually arrive in a day or two. Please call the library if you need immediate service for patient care. These are handled immediately; we attempt to deliver article(s) within minutes.
- Books borrowed from other libraries usually take 2 weeks to arrive. We route book loan requests to the Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi Bell Library. Call for assistance to borrow Medical Library books or get a loan: (361) 694-5467.
To find books you might want to borrow, look at:
Corpus Christi area libraries and resources:
- Texas A&M University Corpus Christi Bell Library
- Texas A&M University Kingsville Jernigan Library
- Del Mar College Learning Resources Center
- Coastal Bend College Library
- Victoria College/University of Houston – Victoria Library
- Corpus Christi Public Library
Texas A&M University System medical libraries:
- Texas A&M University Medical Sciences Library
- Scott & White Hospital Library
- Baylor College of Dentistry Library
Other medical libraries:
- University of Texas Health Sciences Center at San Antonio Briscoe Library
- Houston Academy of Medicine – Texas Medical Center Library
- MD Anderson Cancer Center Library
- University of North Texas – Fort Worth Health Sciences Center Library
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston Library
- National Library of Medicine
- Johns Hopkins University Welch Library
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center Eskind Biomedical Library
Driscoll Children’s Hospital employees and affiliated health care professionals may use the National Library of Medicine’s Loansome Doc service to request copies of articles from the library. This service is free to authorized users.
Contact the library to obtain authorization and our LIBID (library ID).
Paula Scott, PhD, MLS
Library Information Specialist
Fax: (361) 808-2141
Registration and Information
See the Loansome Doc Ordering System for more information, to register as a new user, to change your ordering library, or to check the status of your orders.