Information for Physicians
The Driscoll Craniofacial and Cleft Center provides interdisciplinary treatment planning to achieve maximum habilitation with efficient use of parent and patient time and resources.
Upon patient referral:
- A clinic appointment will be scheduled at the earliest opportunity for patients referred by a private physician.
- Patients will remain under the primary care of the referring physician.
- The Craniofacial and Cleft team will evaluate the patient and develop a comprehensive treatment plan, documenting the needs of the family as well as the medical assessment and recommendations of all team members who evaluate the patient.
- A recommendation letter will be furnished to the referring physician.
- Evaluation of treatment outcomes will be recorded at each return visit to the clinic by the appropriate team members taking into account the psychosocial well-being of the patient as well as the effects on growth, function and appearance. Treatment plans will be updated accordingly.