Driscoll Children’s Hospital’s Adolescent Weight Management Program is a comprehensive nutrition and weight management clinic that can provide you and your family an opportunity to learn how to live a healthier life.
Obesity is a disease that has increased tremendously throughout South Texas and the United States. Approximately one-third of children and teens are obese.
The clinic offers a multidisciplinary approach in dealing with adolescent obesity. You will be seen by experts in childhood nutrition and weight loss.
Our team consists of:
- Physical therapists
What is the Weight Management Program’s role?
- Nutritionists will help guide you to a healthier lifestyle by teaching you and your family about healthy eating, both in quality and quantity of foods.
- Physical therapists will recommend exercises and physical activity that will help in your weight loss.
- Psychologists will provide some of the support you will need in dealing with the emotional challenges of obesity.
- Endocrinologists’ key role will be in controlling metabolic problems that cause or contribute to obesity.
- Surgeons will offer surgery as another tool to aid in weight loss to patients who qualify.
- Many other services are also available to help with different aspects of this complex issue.