Driscoll Health System commits to highest standards of honesty, professionalism, and integrity in delivering excellent healthcare. Our activities are guided by our core values which include compassion, advocacy, respect, excellence and stewardship. At Driscoll, we are dedicated to maintaining compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations. We expect our employees, providers, students, volunteers, affiliates, and the organizations with which we conduct business to adhere to these high standards.
Driscoll maintains a comprehensive Ethics and Compliance Program which includes oversight by the Board of Directors, Senior Leadership and a multi-disciplinary committee that monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the Ethics & Compliance Program. The Program includes:
- Policies and Procedures (including a Code of Ethics and Compliance, Conflict of Interest, and expected conduct)
- Oversight and Compliance Governance (with dedicated compliance personnel)
- Education and Training (new hire and ongoing)
- Reporting and Effective Lines of Communication (including an anonymous hotline)
- Enforcement and Discipline (dealing consistently with violations)
- Auditing and Monitoring (prioritizing based on level of organizational risk)
- Response and Prevention (investigation and prompt follow-up)
Driscoll’s Anonymous Reporting – Integrity Help Line: (888) 874-0713
The Integrity Help Line is a toll-free number, staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week by an outside organization. Concerns may be reported anonymously by anyone. All calls are investigated, handled confidentially and resolved.
Simply put – at Driscoll, we have a strong commitment to:
- Doing the right thing,
- At the right time,
- For the right reason.
If you see something, say something!