WHAT: The public is invited to an educational seminar at Driscoll Children’s Hospital about the basics of breastfeeding, led by Laurie Beck, RN, MSN, international board certified lactation consultant for Driscoll Children’s Hospital. Topics will include:
- Benefits of human breast milk;
- Basic anatomy and physiology of breastfeeding;
- What parents can expect the first few weeks after the delivery of the baby;
- Community resources to help breastfeeding families;
- Returning to work/school and breastfeeding.
WHEN: 6 – 8 p.m. Thursday, April 12
WHERE: Driscoll Children’s Hospital auditorium, 3533 S. Alameda St.
COST: $20 per family; all proceeds will benefit the March of Dimes.
INFO: Laurie Beck, (361) 694-5338