CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) – Information to our Customers and Donors.
- Reduced Store Hours: Monday – Friday, 11 – 3 pm
- Any person over age 2 entering the Cottage Shop must be wearing a mask and must practice social distancing. Children under 2 years of age are not required to wear a mask.
- Donations will be accepted Mondays AND Thursdays only. Please call 361.694.4798 for more information. Items need to be recently cleaned and placed in a bag, box or container. Please note bags, boxes or containers will not be returned.
The Cottage Resale Shop – your neighborhood thrift shop
Owned and operated by the Auxiliary to Driscoll Children’s Hospital.
The Cottage Shop has been open since 1996. It began with 10 volunteers in a portable building behind the Rehabilitation building. Today, the Cottage Shop is in a 1,800 square-foot building purchased by the Auxiliary and donated to the hospital. With more than 40 volunteers, the shop is very popular with both the hospital staff and the community. Not only has the Cottage Shop raised more than $800,000 for the Auxiliary, it has also provided thousands of items for free to the patients and families at Driscoll who are in need.
Shop hours: Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Accepting donations: Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
We are always in need of gently used or new:
- Current styles of clothing and shoes for the whole family
- Household items
- Complete games and toys
- books new and used
- linens for bed, kitchen, table, and bath
- costume jewelry and accessories
- small working appliances and electronics
- small wooden furniture
We appreciate all donations. However, we cannot accept:
- Construction materials
- Large appliances
- Used car seats
- Used computers and parts
- Large or upholstered furniture
- Damaged goods
Many local merchants contribute to the Cottage Shop regularly, so we always have a nice selection of new items as well as “nearly new items.” All proceeds from Cottage Shop sales benefit the patients and families of Driscoll Children’s Hospital.