Applications Open: March 1, 2021
The Volunteen Program is a great year-round learning opportunity for mature, responsible young people. Exceptional teens, ages 15 through graduating seniors, energize Driscoll Children’s Hospital all day during the summer and throughout the school year on evenings and weekends.
To accommodate teens for this program during COVID-19, 2021 will focus on year-round teen availability and will have a rolling acceptance throughout the summer months. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our Volunteen Program will limit the number of service areas available for teens.
We will have limited rolling acceptance. Those accepted will be notified by email.
Services areas may include but are not limited to:
- Carousel Cookie Shop
- Carousel Gift Shop
- Cottage Shop
- Food & Nutrition
- Materials Management
- Welcome Center
You will need to:
- Be able to commit to being a year-round teen with a set weekly assignment
- Be able to serve a minimum of one four-hour shift per week year-round
- Be 15 years of age by June 1st, 2021
- Be willing to submit to a hospital provided TB test
- Provide a copy of your immunization records
- Be able to write two 500 word essays
- Have parental approval (Parents must sign application)
- Be able to pay the Auxiliary dues of $5
- Be able to wear a uniform of khaki pants and a Driscoll supplied t-shirt for your volunteer shift