Thank you for your interest in helping our patients and families at Driscoll Children’s Hospital. To ensure the well-being, and privacy of our patients, we keep the best interests of our patients in mind. Due to patient confidentiality and infection control, donated items are distributed only by Driscoll Children’s Hospital volunteers and staff. We appreciate your generosity and support.
Keep in Mind
- Our patients ages range from a few days to nineteen years old.
- All items are new and in their original packaging and from tobacco-free environments.
- Distribution of brochures, flyers, posters, business cards or other promotional material is against DCH policy.
- Items/materials with religious, political messages, overtones or toys that depict violence such as guns or knives may not be distributed.
- No food, candy, or beverages may be distributed as many of our patients are on special diets.
- Read the toy or craft item label to be sure all materials are non-toxic and non-latex due to potential allergies.
- Please keep safety and quality in mind when selecting items. No toys with removable/detachable parts such as eyes, no protruding parts or sharp edges, no toys with marbles or magnets.
- While all gifts must be unwrapped, we always welcome donations of gift wrap and packaging such as bags and tissue paper.
- Gently used donations can be donated to The Cottage Resale Shop Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Proceeds benefit the Auxiliary to Driscoll Children’s Hospital.
What You or Your Group Can Help With
Driscoll Children’s Hospital has a number of opportunities available for you or your group to pool your talent and energy on special projects to benefit our young patients and their families. From individual support to group projects, these projects are perfect for those who hope to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Some ideas for groups wanting to host gift giving:
- Book drive
- Gift card drive
- A giving tree for employees to choose either a toy or gift card
- A bake sale or beverage sale with proceeds going to DCH
- A holiday or birthday celebration where the gifts are donated from the wish items.
Call Volunteer Services at 361-694-5011 to set an appointment and to speak to a Volunteer Coordinator for prior project approval for most current needs or to deliver your items.
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your contact information, the item you are donating, date and time you would like to deliver your donation.
Family Resource Center
- Food pantry donation (PDF of acceptable foods to donate)
- Caps for Kids
- Knitted Octopus Program
- Article on knitted octopus for NICU babies
- Make Blankets for our patients
- Soft fabric hand-tied blankets
- Instructions/pattern for fleece blankets
- Pillow Cases
- Instructions/pattern for pillow cases
How to Deliver Items
Corpus Christi delivery donations can be made at the Welcome Center at the main entrance.
Volunteers are available to accept your donations Monday – Sunday, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
For large quantity donations, please contact a Volunteer Coordinator to schedule an appointment at 361-694-5011.
Brownsville and McAllen donors, please call 361-694-5011 to schedule an appointment.