Linking the Past with Our Future
“Clara Driscoll began a tradition of giving that continues today.”
It is because of a planned gift that Driscoll Children’s Hospital is in existence today. Through foresight and planning, Clara Driscoll planned her estate so Driscoll Children’s Hospital would be created.
“It is my purpose . . . to create an endowment . . .to provide funds for . . . a free clinic and hospital for crippled, maimed and diseased children . . . who are unable financially to secure the desired assistance in their infirmities.”
With this single bequest, motivated by her deep and compassionate desire to care for sick children, Clara Driscoll began a tradition of giving that continues today. She has made Driscoll Children’s Hospital an eloquent reminder of the impact of one person’s planning.
Driscoll Children’s Hospital has created the Clara Driscoll Society to honor individuals like Mrs. Driscoll who establish partnerships with the hospital that will strengthen its ability to help children far into the future.
Everyone is accorded membership in the Clara Driscoll Society if they:
- Provide a gift to Driscoll Children’s Hospital through a will or living trust
- Name the hospital as a beneficiary or owner of a life insurance policy, savings, brokerage or retirement account
- Establish a life income gift, such as a charitable remainder trust or charitable gift annuity.
Gifts may be unrestricted to aid the hospital’s greatest needs or directed to a donor’s specific area of interest.
Driscoll Children’s Hospital is pleased to recognize the generosity of Clara Driscoll Society members with:
- An attractive symbol of membership
- Special invitations to significant Driscoll Children’s Hospital events, tours and speakers
- Inclusion in the annual Honor Roll of Donors in Driscoll Life magazine
If you would like more information on the Clara Driscoll Society, please contact the Driscoll Development Foundation Office at at (361) 694-6405 or Martha.email@example.com.
The Clara Driscoll Society is our way of saying a profound “thank you” to a distinguished group of benefactors.