Let us help you initiate and maintain a successful breastfeeding relationship with your child.
Driscoll Children's Hospital encourages, promotes and supports all breastfeeding women in their efforts to provide the best nutrition to their children.
Advantages of Breastfeeding
- Breast milk reduces the risk of allergic reactions in infants
- Studies indicate a higher IQ
- Breast milk protects against cancer and diabetes
- Breast milk transmits the mother's immunities to the infant
- Breastfeeding reduces crying and colic in infants
- Breastfeeding promotes bonding and reduces cases of abuse and abandonment
- Breastfeeding allows mom time to cuddle and nurture her baby
- Mother's milk changes to meet the baby's specific needs
- Breastfeeding protects mothers against breast and ovarian cancer
- Protects the environment: no packaging, no plastics, no waste
- Saves money
- Makes traveling easier
- Allows mothers to spend more time with the entire family
- Allows mothers to miss fewer work or school days because baby is sick less often
- Helps uterus return to pre-pregnancy shape and size
Contact Mom's Place for help with the following:
- Establishing your milk supply
- Maintaining your milk supply
- Nipple soreness, blisters or cracks
- Breast engorgement
- Insufficient milk supply
- Latch-on problems
- Breast infections
- Flat or inverted nipples
- Special feeding needs of infants
- Returning to work or school
- Proper bra fitting size
- Proper pumping and storing of milk
Driscoll Children’s Hospital is a breastmilk donation drop-off site for Mothers’ Milk Bank.
Donating your breastmilk can help save the lives of babies in need.
To learn more about donating breast milk, visit the link below or call (512) 494-0800.
Driscoll Children's Hospital
Main Building, 3rd Floor
(just to the right of 3rd floor lobby)
3533 S. Alameda St.
Corpus Christi, TX 78411
Phone: (361) 694-4234
For TTY Deaf Messaging, connect to TTY Interpretation by dialing (800) 735-2989.