What do patients need to bring to the hospital?
- Picture IDs
- Insurance cards
Where do patients need to go when arriving at the hospital?
- For admissions, go to the Admitting office on the main campus.
- For emergency service, go to the Emergency Department.
- For Radiology, go to the second floor of the main campus.
- For lab services, go to the second floor of the Sloan building, Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (for all other dates and times, go to the main campus Admitting office).
- For EEG, Echo, stress exams, EKG, ECG and High Risk Follow-up Program, go to the main campus Admitting office.
- For orthopaedic, neurology, rehabilitation and audiology services, go to the Rehabilitation building.
- For outpatient surgery or outpatient cath lab services, go to the second floor of the Rehabilitation building.
- For clinic services, report to the Sloan, Furman or Health Center buildings depending on which provider they have an appointment to see.
What information do all patients need to know?
They may be asked to arrive earlier than their scheduled appointment to complete paperwork and sign documents. It’s important to bring with them any documents the referring provider may have given them. Bring their picture IDs and insurance cards.
The admitting department is located on the first floor of Driscoll Children’s Hospital, to the right behind the gift shop and then on the left.
Hours of Operation
The Admitting Department is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
A physician-to-physician referral is necessary to admit a pediatric patient to Driscoll Children's Hospital. For more information on referrals, please call the appropriate specialty clinic or call admitting services.
Driscoll Children's Hospital Admissions Office
Phone: (361) 694-5110 or (361) 694-5139
Fax: (361) 808-2090
24 hours a day/7 days a week
Patient Access Leadership
Teddie Ibanez, Director (361) 694-6845
Irma Canales, Supervisor (361) 694-5135
Krystal Perales, Supervisor (361) 694-4558
Peniel Martinez, Manager (361) 694-5124
Day Surgery Pre-Registration
(361) 694-5610 or (361) 694-4364
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday
Fax: (361) 808-2014
Radiology – Scheduling & Pre-Registration
Scheduling: (361) 694-6132
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday
Front Desk: (361) 694-5240
7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday - Friday
Fax: (361) 808-2167
For TTY Deaf Messaging Connect to TTY Interpretation by dialing (800) 735-2989.