Meet Our Chaplains
Alan Bagnall, MDiv, BCC
- Board Certified Chaplain, Association of Professional Chaplains
- Ordained Baptist minister and denominationally endorsed by the Baptist General Convention of Texas
- Bachelor of Arts, Howard Payne University - Brownwood, Texas
- Master of Divinity, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary - Louisville, Kentucky
- Clinical Pastoral Education: Baptist Hospital - Pensacola, Florida
- Clinical Pastoral Education: Memorial Medical Center - Corpus Christi, Texas
- Certificate in Health Care Ethics, University of Washington School of Medicine - Seattle, Washington
- Certified Crisis Response Team Member: (NOVA) National Organization for Victim Assistance
Our Chaplains have accomplished becoming or are in the process of becoming Board Certified Chaplains through the Association of Professional Chaplains (APC). The APC is an important national organization that certifies Chaplains and implements standards for the provision of pastoral care.
The links below are to documents that will help in understanding aspects of Professional Chaplaincy and how they impact Driscoll Children's Hospital. They are an excellent source of information.
Cultural and Spiritual Sensitivity: A Learning Module
Guidelines for the Chaplain's Role in Healthcare Ethics
Additional resources can be found under Professional Resources in the Reading Room of the APC website at www.professionalchaplains.org.