The medical staff director directs and coordinates all medical staff activities and acts as a liaison between the medical staff, nursing staff, administration and the Governing Board.
These activities include:
- Advanced Practice Professionals appointment and reappointment
- Clinical privileges
- Department, general staff and committee functions
- Medical staff appointment and reappointment
- Medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and fair hearing plan
- Medical staff monthly meeting calendar
- Orientation for newly credentialed practicioners
Continuing Medical Education offered by Driscoll Children’s Hospital
The goal of the Continuing Medical Education program is to provide physician driven ongoing medical education that meets the needs of the community physicians who treat infants, children and adolescents. Driscoll Children’s Hospital is accredited by the Texas Medical Association to sponsor continuing medical education for physicians.