Information on Driscoll and COVID-19
Because our top priority is the safety and health of our patients and families, employees, physicians and community, Driscoll asks that you please wear a mask if you’ve had:
- Positive COVID-19 test in the past 10 days
- Any symptoms of COVID-19 such as cough, fever, shortness of breath
- Contact with someone infected with COVID-19 in the past 10 days
An appointment is required for COVID-19 Testing.
Please call 361-694-4486 or 361-694-6132 for an appointment.
Most fever, cough, and cold symptoms can be managed at home with over-the-counter medications like Tylenol, Motrin and oral hydration fluids like Pedialyte. However, we encourage you to bring your child to the Emergency Department if:
- Child is having difficulty breathing
- Child is dehydrated (crying without tears, infrequent urination)
- Child is overly drowsy or hard to wake
Fever (a temperature greater than 100.4 degrees) in babies less than 3 months old should prompt you to call your primary care physician or bring your child to the Emergency Department.