Audiologists at Driscoll Children's Hospital are healthcare professionals who provide care to children from prematurity to age 21. Audiology conducts diagnostic testing to determine a child's ability to hear and process what they hear.
Evaluation and treatment services include:
- Behavioral audiometry (Conventional audiometry, Visual Reinforcement Audiometry and Conditioned play audiometry)
- Auditory processing disorder evaluations
- Custom ear/swim molds
- Auditory brainstem response testing
- Otoacoustic Emissions testing
- Impedance/immittance tympanometry
- Newborn Hearing Screening
- Amplifications selection, fitting and dispensing (Air Conduction hearing aid and Bone Conduction Hearing Devices)
- Assistive listening devices
- Cochlear implant evaluation, activation and programming
From January 2020 to December 2020, Audiology provided care to 1,179 patients from a variety of backgrounds.