Occupational Therapy (OT)
Occupational therapists at Driscoll Children's Hospital are healthcare professionals who provide care to children from prematurity to age 21. Occupational Therapy helps children acquire and successfully perform activities of daily living in their environment.
Evaluation and treatment services include:
- Fine and gross motor skill development
- Functional play
- Activities of daily living (feeding, dressing, bathing)
- Sensory integration
- Perceptual skills training
- Visual motor skills training
- Serial casting/upper extremity orthotics
- Hand function
- Therapeutic listening
- Adaptive equipment needs
From January 2020 to December 2020, Occupational Therapy provided care to 337 patients from a variety of backgrounds.