Information for Physicians
The Driscoll Craniofacial and Cleft Center provides interdisciplinary treatment planning to achieve maximum habilitation with efficient use of parent and patient time and resources.
Upon patient referral:
- A clinic appointment will be scheduled at the earliest opportunity for patients referred by a private physician.
- Patients will remain under the primary care of the referring physician.
- The Craniofacial and Cleft team will evaluate the patient and develop a comprehensive treatment plan, documenting the needs of the family as well as the medical assessment and recommendations of all team members who evaluate the patient.
- A recommendation letter will be furnished to the referring physician.
- Evaluation of treatment outcomes will be recorded at each return visit to the clinic by the appropriate team members taking into account the psychosocial well-being of the patient as well as the effects on growth, function and appearance. Treatment plans will be updated accordingly.
Visit all your child's specialists in one trip to Driscoll Children's Hospital!
For your convenience, please ask any of our specialty clinics to coordinate all of your child's appointments in one day.
You can contact us at (361) 694-5000 or call your specialty clinic directly for further assistance.