The Surgical Department at Driscoll Children’s Hospital represents a dedicated team of pediatric-focused surgeons in anesthesiology, congenital heart, urology, neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, otolaryngology, pediatric general surgery, plastic surgery, renal transplant services and dental.
For information and assistance call (361) 694-5280.
Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Emergency Response Team on call after-hours.
Driscoll Children’s Hospital offers a high quality pediatric surgical facility with services including:
- Coordination with Day Surgery to ensure prompt assistance with unexpected inpatient hospitalizations
- Specialized operating rooms for the unique technical requirements of ENT, neurosurgery, cardiovascular, orthopedics, craniofacial/plastics and other pediatric surgical procedures
- Fully qualified surgical technicians and nursing staff trained in all areas of surgery and specialty procedures
- Assistance with special surgical needs
- Computerized scheduling system to enhance efficient operating room utilization
- All rooms equipped with electronic medical record and endoscopic equipment, to provide the highest level of efficiency, patient care and safety
Our surgeons also perform surgical procedures at the bedside of patients that are too sick to move. We have a mobile team of staff, anesthesiologists and surgeons that can travel to any site to provide the needed treatment for our children.